Friday, June 25, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Seriously??

Today was professionally awesome but personally kind of crappy. Let me elaborate:

I'm going through midterms at school. The scary one for me was practicum. Here's the deal: I'm going to be a rad tech, what used to be called an x-ray tech(think flight attendant/stewardess). Anyway, a lot of it is book learning in the beginning. (Want me to tell you about body tissues? Gotcha covered.) But once a week we learn how to perform various imaging procedures(from hereon called x-rays even though my prof would kill me because my p key is sticking, and I have to hit it with purpose and it's really pissing me off- there were a lot of p's in that explanation) What the hell was I talking about?

Ah, practicum. So today, to test us, we had to, in essence, perform a randomly chosen exam on a classmate. I was lucky enough to draw a wrist and stay the hell away from the dreaded wall bucky (see image at right). Long story short, I knocked that practicum the hell out of the park. This is awesome because it means I might actually be proficient at my newly chosen profession and this won't be a waste like my teaching certificate.


Now the bad. I threw myself a nice little "nobody likes me" pity party this afternoon because my boyfriend was too busy playing blackjack last night to talk to me after he had been too busy doing what the hell it is he does in Tucson all day to talk to me. Then this morning my girl roommate decided not to speak to me.


Let me rant about the silent treatment for a minute. What good does it do? How can I fix anything if I don't know what you're mad about?

So by talking to my boy roommate, I figured out what she's mad about. It's her issue. She's just taking it out on me. Which is really not okay with me. But what can I do. It has been repeatedly pounded into my head that I cannot control other people.


So what can I do? I prayed a lot last night and my behavior got better with the boyfriend. Sure the last thing I said to him on the phone last night was "fuck you" before hanging up, but I've been civil all day in our texts...after the praying. I see the logic in pause when agitated. Because now I owe him a freaking amends. I hate making freaking amends. I live my life in a way that I don't have to make many freaking amends.


As for my roommate, when she decides to speak to me, I'll deal with her. Until then, I just have to conduct myself well and pray for her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment