Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Switzerland


Before my girl roommate was my roommate, she was my friend who was dating my roommate. They've had a tumultuous on/off relationship for the past 2 years, basically as long as I've known them. They are both my friends, so whether they were on or off, I never took sides. Just call me Switzerland. Last week, Germany started bombing Switzerland out of the blue. It's hard to remain neutral when being attacked. I can't say I'm totally impartial because I'm hurt. But rather than attack back, I've given her space, and then yesterday, offered her my continued friendship, which, she doesn't seem to want. I can't make her like me. I can't make her treat me well. All I can do is continue to treat her as a friend and maybe she'll eventually realize she's the only one fighting. I can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment