Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Self Doubt

This may be because I didn't sleep well last night, or perhaps I didn't sleep well last night because of this, but I have doubts about my ability to actually be a real x-ray tech. It's one thing to know in my head how to perform an exam, but it's a completely different thing on actual people, who are all shapes and sizes and health levels, which makes every exam completely different.

The only sliver of hope I have is I remember feeling this way my second week of class, when I started working with the x-ray tube in the lab. I worried that I was one of those book-smart people who couldn't transfer that knowledge into action. But I practiced and I learned how to use the tube. I choose to believe the same thing will happen with my exams, that practice really does make perfect. I should probably, as always, cut myself some slack.

I just had to get that out so that I would have some hope of sleep tonight. And on that note, I am going to bed because tomorrow's another chance to improve.

1 comment:

  1. Great attitude. But how many A pluses will you need to get when you were worried you would fail before you get rid of any lingering self doubts? Maybe after you create your first radioactive hamster?

    ReplyDelete